Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dickens' Christmas Carol; My Version

I barely have time to enter this. But as I slowly try to wake up so that I can rush in to work early this Christmas Eve, I remembered a Christmas past; Christmas 2006.

And then there was a new tradition started for Christmas 2007 .

This Christmas Eve morning, I am not relaxing over an early morning cup of coffee while watching a pastoral sunrise. I have hurriedly downing a cup while blow drying my hair and searching for my briefcase which I may have left in the car. I want to be at work by 6:30 ---- want? um, not exactly --- so I can try to finish cite-checking a brief and putting finishing touches on exhibits and get those packaged up nice and neat with a lovely bow and then try to get out of the office before 8 hours are up. And that may not happen.

In Christmases past, December has offered up a light workload which allowed me to take vacation the last two weeks of the year. This year, I've been working 10 hour days, I still have Christmas shopping to do, I need to pack to go to my sisters' today with the rest of my family, and my decorating has been limited to buying 5 candles and 5 poinsettias -- which need watering.

And yet I seem to find time to post this. But I must hit "publish post" and get going.

God Bless Us Everyone.

And Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!