Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"WE DIDN'T EXPECT THIS"



This photo and quote were taken from CNN's website and story here.

You have to wonder just what WERE they expecting. They live in a mobile home; in Florida; in the path of the umpteenth hurricane to hit this year. And then there's the quote "We've lived here 37 years and we've never had a hurricane like this." I'm guessing it's getting harder and harder to find anyone in Florida for quotes like that.

From History of the World, Part I: "Nobody expected the Inquisition." However, THIS was predicted....and stories like this have been running all season long.

And you've gotta wonder if they rode out the storm in those recliners.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in su.so.ca. we expect an earthquake at any given moment, so we are never surprised. It's just , "hey, another quake".

What's wrong with Floridians???

Anonymous said...

my parents have lived in s. fla for 45 years, and don't have that cavalier an attitude...

course maybe working for the National Hurricane Center helped.

Anonymous said...

I live in Florida. For a cat 2, this thing kicked butt. Last year my job and home were completely demolished. Sucks.

However trailer? I'd prefer an apartment.

DonnaJo said...

Mabel, I hoipe things have improved for you; and that Wilma didn't create more problems.

Mike Weasel said...

At least they weren't subjected to Vogon Poetry.

DonnaJo said...

Duayne!! Good to "see" you.

rita said...

*perks*

Someone rode me?