Sunday, September 21, 2008

BOOT CAMP: TWO WEEKS DOWN

After Week Two, I'm not in as much pain as I was after Week One, which I refer to in my mind as Weak One. And this weekend, I did some running on my own, outside of the confines of Boot Camp. OK, it was more of a walk/run, but running was involved. I am a life-long detester of jogging and/or running; preferring roller blading, bike riding, swimming, etc. But I haven't been doing any of those lately (with 'lately' being defined as 'last several years') AND they aren't part of Boot Camp..... so.... I'm running. And hating every minute of it. In fact, I've developed a little song to help me with my cadence while I run. "I hate this...I hate this....I hate this". I'll agree, not very inventive or catchy, but at 5:45 am and running, I'm low on inventiveness. I do change it up from time to time with "this sucks...this sucks....this sucks" OR..... "I'm going to die.... I'm going to die."

The variety helps me from getting bored.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Enough whining, Private Briefs! Drop down and give me 20!

Anonymous said...

Can you listen to your iPod while running?

Anonymous said...

how does one have a daughter that loves to run????