Wednesday, November 02, 2005

MORE ON POWER TRIPPING

The power cord to my Palm Pilot arrived today!! Yay and yipee. Now I can find phone numbers and know where I'm supposed to go.

In my rant the other day, I don't think I went into the whole thing about how I couldn't buy a power cord at Best Buy or CompUSA, etc. I had to go online to get it. Progress (??)

The other day, I had pointed out that all power cords seem to cost $29.99. I was quite floored when I opened the package today, I had gotten quite a deal. Apparently, they sent me a 4-in-1 power cord.

First of all......


......Palm apparently makes refrigerators. That plug is freaking huge!! It's about as big as the Palm Pilot itself.

After I got over that, I found that those prongs pop off (OK, I had to apply enough pressure, causing a nail to pop off as well) and based on where I am in the world, I can insert one of these prongs:



All of this arrived with a nifty little black nylon bag for storage.

OK now, here's the thing. I had to order a new power cord because I had lost mine....and they send me all of these options to use my Palm anywhere in the world.....which assumes that I'm going to be able to find them when/if I travel anywhere with a different electrical system. Based on history, that ain't gonna happen.

And quite frankly, I'm just a little scared of that big one. I'm afraid if I connect it to my Palm Pilot, I'll fry it and take down an entire power grid somewhere.

Now, I need to find someplace to store that bag o' prongs for safekeeping. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And quite frankly, I'm just a little scared of that big one. I'm afraid if I connect it to my Palm Pilot, I'll fry it and take down an entire power grid somewhere.

Sly, if you do travel overseas make sure you tell us first so we can evacuate the area!

Leetie said...

*snork* at neo!

DonnaJo said...

Neo..

o-o-o-o-o-o-kay

Mike Weasel said...

Let me get this straight. You went online and ordered a bunch of "prongs" that you can keep in a discreet little black bag.

Mmm hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Gives the phrase AC/DC a whole new meaning, doesn't it?? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Slyeyes!those plugs look mean.

DonnaJo said...

Lt. woman; there's a good thought!

Anonymous said...

Original plug - UK & Ireland
2 Prong round plug - rest of Europe
2 Prong 45 degree - ??? but recall seeing it somewhere

2 Prong verticle - well, you know.